July 25, 2014

First Leg of the (blogging) Journey





Traveling is the best thing I can do with my time. I know that sounds awful, but honestly, I do spend way too much time watching Netflix. Okay, I have a job as a teacher so you could argue that the best thing I do with my time is molding the minds of future generations. That is very important, but what would make me a better teacher than actually going to the places I teach about? I am a social studies teacher after all!

My goal is to travel internationally at least once a year. All the domestic places I get to visit are a bonus. Below are maps of where I have been so far (blue = visited):

Sample
Make a map of where you've been or where you're going.
(http://bighugelabs.com/map.php#top)

Obviously, my "To Go" list is much longer than I'd like it to be! I am trying to work on that, but then again, I am living on a teacher's salary. So it may take longer than other people. :-P

My upcoming trips I'm working on are to visit Iceland, hike the trail from Lukla to Everest's base camp in Nepal, and the explore the Patagonia either through Chile or Argentina. **I did update the map pictures in July, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment