February 23, 2016

Twin Cities in Twenty-Four Hours

My husband is a bargain fiend. Because of this, we have been able to make quite a few domestic trips. For example, this past summer we went to Minnesota for a full twenty-four hours. So what to do in the land of 10,000 lakes in such a short amount of time? My husband and I were able to squeeze in quit a few adventures.

First, what to eat? Thanks to Man Vs. Food, I knew exactly where to go first. All I wanted was a "Jucy Lucy" from Matt's Bar. It was EXCELLENT. It was hot, oozy, cheesy, and "jucy." We sat at the cozy little bar and got to talk with the grill cook. He even suggested the perfect beers to complement the famous burgers.

Next, what to do? We love baseball, especially the Braves. Sadly, the Braves weren't in Minnesota this particular weekend, but we were able to see the Twins play the Royals at Target Field. The Royals won that game (as well as the World Series that same year).

A few hours left, so what to see? The next, and sadly the last, day we took our rental car (with unlimited miles) and drove from Minneapolis to Duluth to see Lake Superior. It's the "ocean lake" and know I understand why! Looking over that lake's horizon was like looking over the ocean's. I saw nothing but water. And the water was crystal clear and ice cold! My husband and I skipped rocks and even dipped our toes in for about two seconds.


We then drove through St. Paul, crossing the mighty Mississippi, stopped for some yummy bagels, and then back to return the car. It was already time to go home.

Even though the trip was short, it was super. The people were so kind and the city was so clean and walker friendly. I would say I'd like to move there, but then I remember what the winters are like there. No thanks! But I'll gladly go back any other season. Maybe for another baseball game!

No comments:

Post a Comment