April 4, 2016

Beauty on the Go: Face & Lips

Anyone who really knows me knows that I don’t always wear make-up, but lately that has started to change. I have a few favorite pieces which are perfect for when I’m on the go. Since I am consistently running late in the morning before work, I look for the least amount of steps to save on time. I use these same multi-purpose products while traveling because, as I’ve learned, “every ounce counts,” so the lighter/less space used, the better! Plus, depending on what my vacation entails, I could be far from a shower for a few days and the last thing I'm worried about, or want to think about, is putting on make-up.

I'm not very picky when it comes to a brand; I tend to look for new things based on their promised results. Therefore, I have tried (and failed with) quite the variety of beauty products.

What I look for in beauty products:

SPF
moisturizes
hides/disguises flaws & blemishes
creates a natural-looking effect
easy & inexpensive


Below I have listed a few of my personal favorites along with their pros & cons.

Face:
1.       Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizing Lotion
a.     Pros:
                           i.     SPF 30
                          ii.      Corrects uneven skin tone 
                         iii.      Target brand is just about as good (save some $$!)
                         iv.      Hydrates skin
b.      Con:
                           i.      Not tinted

2.       L’Oreal BB Magic Cream
a.       Pros:
                            i.      Tinted
                           ii.      Corrects uneven skin tone
                          iii.      Hydrates skin
b.      Con:
                            i.      No SPF

3.       Neutrogena Dream Matte Mousse
a.       Pros:
                             i.      Great coverage
                            ii.      Love the mousse finish
                           iii.      Blends well
b.      Cons:
                             i.      Not moisturizing
                            ii.      Comes in a little glass container that’s pretty heavy
                           iii.      No SPF {Some images said there was SPF, but my container does not say it}

4.       Neutrogena naturals purifying make-up removing wipes
a.       Pros:
                             i.      Not a liquid so no hassle going through security
                            ii.      Easy & quick clean-up while hiking and/or camping
                           iii.      Easy to take a few or a lot
                           iv.      No chemicals, dyes, or parabens
b.      Con:
                             i.      Unless you are near a trash can, the weight stays the same in your bag {remember: pack out! Leave no trace!}

Lips:

   1.     Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm (I like “petal rose”)

a.       Pros:
                             i.      SPF 20
                            ii.      Moisturizes
                           iii.      Tinted (and in different shades)
b.      Con:
                              i.      Leaves my lips feeling a little dry (like a normal lipstick)

2.       Burt’s Bees
a.       Pros:
                               i.      Available as a regular balm or in various shades
                              ii.      Moisturizes
b.      Con:
                                i.      No SPF

           3.       Chapstick (I love cherry, but not because of Katy Perry!)
     a.       Pros:
                                i.      SPF
                               ii.      Super moisturizing
     b.      Cons:
                                i.      No tint
                               ii.      an active ingredient is white petrolatum {a byproduct of the oil industry à not eco-friendly} [BUT you can buy more expensive version that is not oil-based]


I’ll post more soon about eyes, hair, and body products I like to use while out and about!


No comments:

Post a Comment